Resources we used:
- Paddle to the Sea, by Holling C. Holling
- Mirette & Bellini Cross Niagara Falls, by Emily McCully
- The Amazing Impossible Erie Canal, by Cheryl Harness (J386.48 HAR)
- How the States Got their Shapes, a TV series we found on
We were re-reading this book today. It is FULL of metaphors. We love the pictures in the book and it teaches about the Great Lakes regions – what is produced and shipped there, etc.
This book shows how all the pieces of geography are connected. It gives visuals to help remember the shapes of the lakes.
- The Camping Trip that Changed America: Theodore Roosevelt, John Muir, and our National Parks, by Barb Rosenstock
- Kids Explore America’s National Parks, video we found at library (J 917.3 KID)
- Poem “Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear”
- Teddy Roosevelt:Young Rough Rider, by Edd Winfield Parks, from the Childhood of Famous Americans series
Sign up below to receive downloads for other Cycle 3 resources
- Chemistry/Element/Periodic Table worksheets
- Grammar worksheets for Irregular Verbs (Verb Principle Parts)
- Timeline & Science Scriptures