Cycle 2, second semester touches on weather.
I taught a ten week class for our co-op on Weather, for first and second graders. Here is our basic syllabus, with activities and resources and ideas.
- Water Cycle
- Sun, Heat, Temperature
- Wind, Air
- Clouds, Atmosphere
- Seasons, Climate
- Cold, Snow
- Storms, Lightening, Tornadoes
- The Flood, and Rainbows
- Erosion, Weathering
My main text/resource for experiments, worksheets, and observation logs was Weather Thematic Unit (Thematic Units)
Each week, we
- learned new vocabulary
- read related Scripture
- looked at various books, or read a story
- conducted an experiment or completed an activity
- learned about instruments for measuring weather
- received an assignment and chart for observing the actual weather
- Sonlight Science Discover & Do Videos – Level K has several experiments on air, Level 1 on water and Level 2 actually has a weather section.
- Magic School Bus – the one on the water cycle and Inside a Hurricane