Incorporate Classical Conversations into our Spelling and Handwriting
- One goal is to learn to spell all of our prepositions and linking verbs this week.
- Younger children can use these words for handwriting practice and the older children are learning to write cursive, so they will learn to write the prepositions in cursive.
- Copywork for science or history can be used for handwriting or spelling practice as well.
- I don’t use a formal language arts program (aside from Essentials for my oldest). We instead use whatever we are learning in CC or our Bible verses from AWANA for handwriting, grammar observation and for spelling.
- For younger children, pick a few key words for them to learn to spell and they can fill in the blanks.
- Older children can learn to spell every word in the verse or memory work.