BOUNDARIES – OCEANS
8 “Or who shut in the sea with doors when it burst out from the womb, 9 when I made clouds its garment and thick darkness its swaddling band, 10 and prescribed limits for it and set bars and doors, 11 and said, ‘Thus far shall you come, and no farther, and here shall your proud waves be stayed’?
24 The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, 25 nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything. 26 And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, 27 that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us… Acts 17:24-27
God has planted you where you are.
- Observe boundaries that God has set in nature: the waves, the mountains, the atmosphere, animal habitats.
- Spend time in worship: find the aspects of creation unique to your area and take note of them.
- If you do get the chance to go to the beach, read some Scripture or sing some hymns that relate. I had the opportunity to sing with my kids about God’s faithfulness and compare it to the tides. The kids made that connection after experiencing for themselves the predictability of one wave after another.
- Ocean study from the Homeschool Scientist. She also has a great article about Sand dollars.
- Apologia Science – this is a good book to use as a reference and it has some fun activities for experiments and observations. There is a notebooking journal to go with it.