Resources for Discussing Lewis & Clark and Louisana Purchase
Draw Write Now, Vol 5 has instructions on drawing the US map,
sectioned into early colonies, Louisiana purchase and western territories.
- Drawing the map helped my girls see how the United States doubled in size, only 27 years after it began.
- We also identified the Mississippi River and mountain ranges – these were natural borders.
- We read Lewis and Clark: A Prairie Dog for a President. This led to natural discussions of the different animals in the prairie.
- We have been reading through the Laura Ingalls Wilder Little House on the Prairie books as well.
- We made a few connections – about Westerward Exploration.
Don’t forget to check out the new History Quiz!
For more Foundations Resources, subscribe below!