We made this poster years ago. We have referred to it many times. The process in making a visual to connect pieces of information is valuable, whether you keep the visual for years or not.
Here’s what we did and how it connects with our curriculum.
You will need
- poster board
- printed out blank map pages of Europe, South America, North America (and Africa if you choose).
- pictures of Spanish conquistadores, Columbus, sailing ships, etc.
- colored pencils, crayons, or markers
- you could also draw your own pictures- if students are older
- You could do this type of activity for the various explorers, not just to the Americas.
- You could also print maps and pictures with any history/geography topic. The visual helps students make connections to times and places and events.